Do you remember the scene from the first Ghostbusters movie when they get their first real call?  In her usual sarcastic tone, Janine answers the phone.  To her surprise, the caller is not an angry critic or a prank, but a real bonafide client.  She hangs up the phone, yell, “We got one!” and slams her hand down on the buzzer for the alert system.

The Ghostbusters are upstairs enjoying their Chinese takeout when they realize this is not a drill.  Ray gets his chance to slide down the brass pole of the converted former fire department in response to some real action.  Venkman soon follows with chopsticks still in his mouth like a horse with a bridle.  Third down is Egon, looking stiff as always.  This is not a drill!  This is the real thing!

That is exactly how I felt when I saw the results of the Second Experiment.  Like the Ghostbusters approaching the supernatural, I approached the Binary Robot Project with a healthy mixture of belief and skepticism, and maybe even a little bit of fear.  Even though this entire project is built on the premise that this will work, my eyes were having trouble catching up with my brain when I watched it happen.  The Ghostbusters knew that the call would come one day announcing their first client.  Yet, nothing could prepare them for that moment when the bell rang and it really happened.  Likewise, nothing could prepare me for that moment when I heard the bell ring and realized that I had just won two trades in a row relying fully on the robot to trade binaries.

We Got One!

It worked.  It really worked.  In our first experiment, we saw two losses and a neutral.  Nothing was gained in that round of what looked like a complete failure.  Although, after tweaking the program by moving from 60 second expirations to five minute expirations, a loss was followed by two consecutive wins.  Both experiments spanned only three trades.  Both experiments took place around three o’clock in the afternoon.  However, the results couldn’t have been further from each other.  I had just experienced a two-thirds win ratio, which is plenty sufficient to start making some real gains.

In my previous post and video documenting the First Experiment, I mentioned that I was having trouble because I was locked into 60 second trades.  The buttons that allow you to manually see the 3 minute and 5 minute options was covered up do to a web formatting incompatibility between Tradorax and the robot platform.  I emailed both companies for an explanation or solution.  Unfortunately, the responses were less than helpful and not worth sharing here.  Instead, I discovered the solution from experimenting on my own.

In a nutshell, even though these buttons are not visible, with enough time and patience, the robot will trigger the appropriate binary option with the corresponding expiration date.  I wasn’t patient enough to wait it out the first time.  On this second experiment, I waited an almost an hour before the first trade was executed.  Although, it was worth the wait, because I was able to see that the robot populated the screen with 5 minute options just as soon as the indicators triggered a buy.  The end result: trust the robot.

At the end of the day, I am still down forty dollars.  Although, if you only look at the second experiment, I am up ten dollars since I began trading 5 minute expirations like I wanted.  The next question, of course, is whether or not the robot can repeat this performance.  I feel confident that it can.  Realistically, I am also prepared for the fact that they may be other hidden hurdles along the way.  The question of timing still remains allusive.  I hypothesize that increased volume will increase the reliability of the trading signals.  Only time will tell.

Until next time, enjoy my latest video.  Share my blog posts and videos with your friends as we continue to extend our fan base.  Feel free to add to the discussion by leaving a comment.

ghostjess

 

I Ain’t Scared of No Ghost!